With a focus on style, quality and affordability, it’s no surprise that Great Southern Homes has become one of South Carolina's leading homebuilders. We've built over 5,000 homes in two decades of homebuilding and we understand the importance of large family rooms, owner’s suites with garden tub retreats, open floor plans for fabulous entertaining, spacious kitchens with plenty of storage, and a variety of bedroom layouts to suit your lifestyle and budget.
“At Great Southern Homes, dream homes are standard.”
Our passion is to provide well-built, affordably-priced homes with signature style and quality through out South Carolina and Augusta, Georgia. Our decades of homebuilding experience, care and attention to detail are built into our Great Southern Homes plans that include smartly-designed homes for the first-time buyers to elegant estate and semi-custom homes for all of life's stages.
At Great Southern Homes building energy efficiently is important to us. Most of our new homes are built to our Green Smart Home standards with smart-home technologies that assure your new home will be energy efficient and leave a smaller carbon footprint on our earth than homes have in the past.
We at Great Southern Homes hope that you will enjoy exploring our new home communities to find the perfect fit for you; a place to call home.
Live Green. Live Smart.
Reaching New Milestones, Awards and Recognitions
Recent Examples of Great Southern Homes Accomplishments
Nation’s 68th Largest Builder (Builder Magazine, 2018)
- Michael Nieri, President BIA Charitable Foundation (2018)
- Mike Satterfield, President of BIA of Central SC (2018)
- The State’s Best Builder (2017)
- #1 Builder in Columbia, SC and #8 in Greenville, SC (Builder Magazine, 2017)
- 3rd Fastest-Growing, Private Builder in America (Builder Magazine, 2017)
- Received Numerous Product and Design Awards (2017 & 2018)
- Best Builder, Lexington Life and Irmo Life Magazines (2017)
- Mike Satterfield, BIA Homebuilder of the Year (2017)
- Michael Nieri, BIA Richard Sendler Award (2017)
- Completed First Student Housing Project (2017)
- Expanding to 90+ Communities Statewide (2017)
- Third Cottage Started at Boys Farm, Newberry, SC (2017)
- Michael Nieri, Distinguished Alumni Clemson University (2017)
- Achieved Milestone of Selling 5,000th Home (2016)
Giving Back and Paying It Forward
Recent Examples of Great Southern Homes’ Charitable Endeavors
- Boys Farm of Newberry, SC – Raised donations and built residency cottages for boys experiencing difficult family situations.
- BIA’s Annual Golf Tournament – Raised $100,000 (2016).
- SC Flood Relief – Raised $140,000 to BIA Charitable Foundation (2015).
- HBA Scholarship Houses – Built three different homes that when sold, the profits were contributed to the BIA.
- Cole and Stacy Sawyer Foundation – Donated to Camp Kemo, a summer camp for kids with cancer.
- BIA Showcase Homes – Built, sold and donated profits to the BIA.
- Eau Claire Development Corporation – Assisted major redevelopment project with construction of new housing.